Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Laredo's National Night Out 2009

Wow! What an amazing night we had last night.  National Night Out was a great success.  The community really enjoyed getting to meet our local law enforcement officials.  The kids were even allowed to try on some of the gear and get on the equipment.  The non profit agencies were also very informative and even offered treats along with their information.  And I can't leave out our performers and mascots.  They did an outstanding job!  The Mascot Dance Off was very entertaining.  I never knew those mascots could move so fast!  They have some good moves. I hear they're already practicing for the rematch next year. (Customs and Border Protection Officer P.A.T. won 1st place).  I would like to thank everyone specifically, but fortunately, we had so many participants , the list would be too long for this blog.  I will post it as a seperate entry.  However, I would like to thank our sponsors:  The City of Laredo, BMP Radio, Southern Distributing, TARGET, South Texas Food Bank, Judge Hector Liendo, Judge Oscar Liendo, Power Car Wash and Kike's Too.  The event would not have been possible without their support. I hope you were able to join us and that you had a great time and learned a lot, and if not mark your calendar for next year.  October 5, 2010.  It will be bigger and better!